Sunday, December 9, 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Day 9

Well here is another Christmas tree card to help inspire you. I got the inspiration from Two Peas in a Bucket gallery here. And believe that I only used my Cricut to cut out the star. That's a shocker! Lol.
     I started by picking 2 papers that contrasted nicely with each other and a brown for the trunk. I cut the trunk at 3/4" x 1" and glued it down. I cut the first layer to be 3/4" x 3-3/4" and glued it down having it overlap the trunk a little. The next layer was cut to 3/4" x 3-1/4" and glued down. I continued cutting layers each time reducing by 1/2" until I had 7 layers. I then used my sewing machine and white thread to make "garland" by going back and forth with the needle. I then took some white thread and 3 red buttons and adhered them on. I cut out the star at 3/4" and used a pop dot the place it on the card. I used Stickles in Yellow and colored it in. I then adhered the whole thing onto a red card base. Here are the details:

  • Cricut cart: Plantin Schoolbook
  • Paper: Bazzill and Daisy D's
  • Stickles: Yellow
  • Buttons: Foof-a-La
  • Thread: Coats & Clark and DMC
  • Sewing machine: Janome
  • Adhesive: ATG, Ek Success 2 Way Glue, and Scotch
Thanks again so much for looking at my cards. It means a lot to me. Enjoy and have a great weekend!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment