Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Night #6

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for the last couple days. I suffer from Degenerative disc disease along with spinal stenosis and because of these I have great pain continually 24/7/365. Right now my doctor and I are trying to find the right kind and dose of pain meds as I am allergic to a lot of strong pain relievers. So to make a long story short, the last couple days I was having a lot of break through pain. I hate this as I am completely under the control of pain. Well, on to my project...

For tonight I choose a really cool project that is so fun to use in your home decor. I can't take credit for the idea as this was something that was given to me by members of my church that was part of several activities during an Enrichment night that my church puts together for the women once a month. The jar and candlestick holder were purchased at a dollar store.



































As it dictakes in my photos it only takes the following:

- Glass jar with lid
- Short glass candlestick holder
- Glue (On this sample a hot glue gun was used, but I would probably use E-6000)
- Spray paint in choice of color
- Ribbon
- Various embellishments, as desired

You simply spray the lid and candlestick holder with spray paint. This may take a couple coats. When dry, glue the jar on top of the candlestick holder with desired glue type. At this point the decoration is up to you. You could be as simple as shown in photo or bling up as you choose. When done fill with desired candy!

This could be used for any holiday or celebration. Imagine making one for family birthdays were with each family member's birthday you put in the person's fav candy or items! Or like me for Christmas this year for our friends and neighbors. They remind me so much of the old world street lights that would be lit each night. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment